Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Obituary


Carl V. Batchler
of Port Dickinson
Carl V. Batchler, 95, of Chenango St., went home to be with the Lord, Friday, February 22, 2008, at General Hospital.

He was predeceased by his parents, John and Ella Batchler; two brothers, Laing and John Dean; two sisters, Clara Sunderland and Louise Marie. He is survived by his wife of 53 years, Lois Batchler, Port Dickinson; two sons and daughters-in-law, Carl and Michele Batchler, Fullerton, Calif., Eric and Caroline Batchler, Austintown, Ohio; one daughter, Marjorie Batchler, Binghamton; three grandchildren, Jacob, Joel, and Andrew; several nieces, nephews and cousins.

He was a very active member of Holy Trinity Lutheran Church. He was a retired auto body mechanic and also retired from Grand Union Company. His hobby was stained glass crafting and he was an avid book reader.

A memorial service will be held Saturday, March 1, 2008, at 11:00 a.m. at Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 216 Kattelville Rd., Chenango Bridge, N.Y. 13745, with Rev. David Werly, Pastor, officiating. Friends may call at the church Friday from 12-2 p.m. and 6-8 p.m. Those wishing may make memorial contributions to Holy Trinity Lutheran Church Music Fund or Beautification Fund. Arrangements are by Wm. R. Chase & Son Funeral Home, 737 Chenango St., Port Dickinson.

1 comment:

Eric said...

Posting Comments from Dad's Obituary Guestbooks
Guest Book for Carl V. Batchler


___________________________________

February 29, 2008
Lois
I had the pleasure of working with Carl at Grand Union for many years. He was a fine gentleman. I wish you and your family peace and fond memories.

Daryl Weeks (Binghamton,
NY)

___________________________________

February 28, 2008
Sorry to hear about Carl. I worked with him at Grand Union for quite a while. He taught me alot. It was a pleasure knowing him.
Glenn Willis (Candor)
Contact me

___________________________________

February 28, 2008
Eric, I received your email but couldn't reply for some reason. Wanted you to know we are all praying for you and your family. God bless brother.
Bob Gleason (Mineral Ridge)

___________________________________

February 27, 2008
I never met Carl senior, but am friends with Carl Jr. He is a wonderful guy. I know his dad played a big part in his upbringing he must have been a great dad becuase his son turned out wonderful.
Joel Pilcher (Mission Viejo, CA)

___________________________________

February 27, 2008
Lois and family-
My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. In the short time that I knew Carl, he never failed to make me smile and I am so glad that I had the chance to get to know and love him for the very special man that he was. He will truly be missed and I look forward to meeting him in Glory one day.
Rachel Hudgins (Vestal, NY)
Contact me